Please join us for a doughnut

Size of our dournaut  copy

The size of the boy’s residential unit doughnut showing the needed building material

On the 4th of March 2016 New Jerusalem Children’s Home started baking a ring doughnut for the children of the home. The doughnut is a 556 square meters’ residential unit to shelter boys of the home.

We would like to invite you to join us on table to share the doughnut with us by asking for your assistance with building material to continue with the construction of the building and to better shelter our children, we would like to have our boys occupying this building by the 16th of December 2016.

We have looked at the size of the doughnut and noticed it can be well enjoyed by more than one person, we noticed smiley conversations can be enjoyed while indulging this well baked doughnut, the number of flavours used to bake this one appetising doughnut call to be shared by all of us. New Jerusalem Children’s Home has already enjoyed its flavour, the organisation together with a donor has managed to build the foundation and has put on the slab costing, completing the first and most important phase of the construction work.

The piece of the doughnut already completed covers 15% of the building work/material and labour inclusive, we come to ask you for your assistance with the remaining 85% of the building material towards the completion of this much needed structure. The immediate and much needed building material for the continuation of the construction work and leading into phase two of the construction work, which will take the structure from the slab phase into a roof level, are; 248 000 cement stock bricks, I am certain that it will give you joy to know that we have already attained 42 000 cement stock bricks, 120 bags of cements – door and window frames and a building sand.

We had hoped to continue with the building work on the 4th August 2016. You can make a donation direct into New Jerusalem Children’s Home account. Again we say “Every time you do a good deed you shine the light a little farther into the dark. And the thing is, when you’re gone that light is going to keep shining on, pushing the shadows back.”

Absa |Branch: Midrand | Branch code: 632005 | Account type: Business Current Account | Account type: Business Current Account | Account no: 40-6878-3216 | Account name: New Jerusalem Chidrens Home | Swift code: ABSAZAJJ (for international transactions) Reference: BRU followed by your initials and Surname.

New Jerusalem Children’s Home; is a registered Emergency and Relief/ Temporary shelters organisation, under Section 12 (A-O) of the Non-profit Organisations Act, 1997 (Act 71 of 1997). It is recognised as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) under Section 18A (1) (b) of the IT Act, 1962. New Jerusalem Children’s Home is a non-profit Organisation and qualifies as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO). This allows a tax benefit to New Jerusalem Children’s Home donors.

New Jerusalem Children’s Home may issue Section 18A receipts for bona fide donations, which allows for donations of up to 10% of taxable income to be deducted from such income, as stated in the Act. NJCH is also classified as Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment organisation under B-BBEE Act, 2003 (Act No. 53 of 2003)

Please click here to see the full boy’s residential unit support request

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

happy wheels