Calling for financial assistance

Dear Friend of the Children/Youth and New Jerusalem Children’s Home (NJCH)

Mme Anna Mojapelo, New Jerusalem Children’s giving a report at the 2018 Annual General Meeting

We thank you for your interest and support for the Children/Youth of NJCH. Our core reason for being is to serve the physical, educational, health and psychological needs of each Individual Child under our care. We have been rendering this service since year 2000.

This includes providing food, clothing, paying for water, electricity (ESKOM), paying for school fees, school stationery and uniform, providing transportation to school, hospitals.., cleaning supplies to maintain the home, vehicle maintenance..etc

As an individual with a family, you can understand how important and costly it is to provide for all of those vital daily living necessities for your loved ones. In the case of New Jerusalem Children’s home, our Family consists of 88 children/youth and the staff that cares for them.

Here are NJCH’s daily financial realities. NJCH receives some financial assistance from the government for which we are grateful. This government support covers only 60 (sixty) percent of NJCH monthly operating costs. The remaining 40 (forty) percent must be raised every month from private individuals or companies.

Imagine a family whose monthly family income covers only 60% of the family’s essential living expenses, month after month, and does not have a steady, predictable source of income to cover for the remaining 40% of vital living expenses.

NJCH’s support from the government has not increased much in 3 years. NJCH is charged full commercial/business rates for water and electricity. Our water and electricity (ESKOM) monthly bill have more than DOUBLED over the last year.

As for education 84 out 88 children/teenagers attend school. 34 are attending government public schools. We have a total of 50 (fifty) learners attending private schools with no bursaries to cover their school fees, uniform and stationery.

As present, we have no private companies supporting our 40% monthly operating cost deficit or school fees/bursaries for the 50 NJCH Learners attending private schools.

Your personal monthly support for the living expenses and education of each individual child at the New Jerusalem Children’s Home is vital and would be most appreciated. Any amount would be very helpful. You can choose the area where you would like your contribution to be applied. Food, Clothing | Water, Electricity (Eskom) | Education, School Fees/Bursaries| Health | Transportation, Maintenance. A monthly EFT transfer would be ideal, but any contribution is most welcome.

R30 per month, Food, Clothing.
R60 per month, Water, Electricity (ESKOM)
R90 per month, Education, School Fees/Bursaries
R150 per month, Health
R300 per month Transportation, Maintenance
Other Amounts per month

The Children of New Jerusalem Children’s Home and NJCH as an organization thank you in advance for your support and contribution. We would appreciate if you would share this with your families, friends and any companies and foundations as you deem appropriate.

Please note that your personal contribution and contributions by companies are tax deductible. NJCH is classified by the South Africa Revenue Service (SARS) as a Public Benefit Organization (PBO). Donations by individuals, companies and foundations to NJCH are tax deductible and NJCH can issue a Section 18A receipt to the Donor in terms of Section 18A of the Income Act of 1962 with our PBO Reference Number.

NJCH Banking details for Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) and deposits are as follows:

You are most welcome to pledge your support, donate/sponsor directly into Absa |Branch: Midrand | Branch code: 632005 | Account type: Business Current Account | Account no: 40-6878-3216 | Account name: New Jerusalem Chidrens Home | Swift code: ABSAZAJJ (for international transactions

Please feel free to contact us on 010 224 0458 | 082 739 5177 | 082 732 7832|

Again, thank you in advance for your support of the children of New Jerusalem Children’s Home

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

happy wheels